Tuesday, May 19, 2009

halo

Well, its mayo and my time has flown!! I've been here five months already. My job is going well -- I am learning a lot. I guess they say the best way to learn is to teach. =) There are a lot of extreme personalities that have made the whole experience interesting thusfar. My students are AWESOME!!! There are so many that want to learn English so badly. The school system is verrrrry different than what I am used to but I'm adjusting. I work with 3 other Americans at the colegio and we have a blast. All the Peruvian teachers are awesome too. I've found many kindred spirits among them. 

I have a great ward here too. The YSA group is a decent size and they have a lot of fun activities. They are all very helpful and supportive (even with all my Spanish mistakes!)

Javier's Mom and sister both just got back from cruises to the Carribeann. I was glad to have them back, as the level of estrogen in the house was lacking. Cati brought me back a new chord for my Macbook so I now have a functioning computer!

Auriel called on Mother's Day and I got to hear her via speakerphone on my mom's cell. She sounds great. Such a treat!

I've been offered a few positions teaching privately on the side during the evenings. Its good money but I have no desire to work after a 10 or 12 hour work day...none whatsoever. I am focused on waiting for my two visits! Melanie is coming in June and my mom is coming in July. I'm counting down the days! =)

Hugs and kisses to everyone back home!




No comments: