
Well I have been here about a month. Today I signed a contract with a school in La Molina to teach for the school year (March-December). This employment comes as a result of many prayers from my fam and friends. I am SO GLAD TO HAVE A JOB!!!! The job market here isn't amazing, so I have been a little frustrated these past few weeks. I get my class assignment next Wednesday. In the meantime, I have much to do to prepare for my teaching year. For starters, I need to venture over to Gamara (the Peruvian version of a swap meet/Amvets/my mother's idea of heaven) to buy some cheap blazers and blouses. I need to look the teacher part. =)
Here are a few pictures from the concert/wrestling tournament:


5 comments:
congrats on the job! VERY exciting! So i never got around to explaining how to add people to your sidebar...When you are on your dashboard, to the right you have gadgets, you add the gadget called 'link list' or one with a similar description where you add the url of people's blogs...I hope that makes sense...ask me, if not.
oops, i lied...it's called 'blog list', not link list...
Jessica I am excited about the job !! Way cool pics !! You are dearly missed and in our prayers always !! Love Sister Scott (Robin)
JESSICA!!!!!!! OMG! First I must tell you how incredibly jealous I am of you right now. I've done the whole Europe thing over and over but have yet to make it past Mexico. I'd love to hear from you about what Peru is like because after Med School I want to set up some clinics in South America. I've been focusing on Ecuador mostly but on Haiti as well and I'd love to hear about the situation in Peru and their need. My specialty is going to Pediatrics maybe Pedatric Oncology so I'm really interested in the children and their situations. Anyway Jess it's been great to read up on you and hear about all your adventures. Love ya girl!
P.S. Javier, huh? ;o)
:) hey hi, i just surf in the web and found your blog... vey cool! see you the friday on the party!! :D
Post a Comment